“As a baby bird lifts its head for food, or as an infant seeks its mother’s milk, so we open our mouths. There is no action between the administration of the Eucharist by the priest and my reception of the very same. In this posture of helpless receptivity we conform our bodies to the authority of God, and to the reality that we are dependent on his action — manifested in the Church — for our salvation. We recognize by our bodies that the Eucharist is gift, pure gift.”
- yourbaby-certified likes this
- rainyautumntwilight reblogged this from marylikesbagels
- nomnommehungry reblogged this from marylikesbagels
- toasterovenlovin said:I’m the only one in the entirety of the school (staff/nuns included) that received on the tongue during our Sunday evening masses… and bowing in front of the presence of the blood even when I can’t receive it. Pffft.
- toasterovenlovin reblogged this from marylikesbagels
- marylikesbagels posted this