This tomb was built in Rome on the site where St. Peter was martyred. It was originally the site of the cult of Janus, the roman god associated with gates and locks. Now, it is a site that commemorates the Christian Saint to whom Jesus gave the keys to the kingdom of heaven.
Happy feast of the chair of St. Peter!
- insipidar reblogged this from tinta-vermelha
- tinta-vermelha reblogged this from acidadebranca
- perno-pivot likes this
- notionyen reblogged this from acidadebranca
- minimummice reblogged this from acidadebranca
- osurreal likes this
- ancientcomputer likes this
- acidadebranca reblogged this from marylikesbagels
- acidadebranca likes this
- illeonedipietra likes this
- chaptersofmydolcevita likes this
- tnye reblogged this from marylikesbagels
- marylikesbagels posted this